Saturday, October 8, 2011

Parents’ Weekend

Christopher Hennessy ’15


Hello everybody and welcome to my first official blog post of the year and well ever! For those who don’t know this is going to be about me commenting about things around and about campus and just telling everyone who cares to read this about my EC experience. So onward to the what’s happened around campus!

This past weekend was Parents’ Weekend! It is basically the weekend around a month after school starts where parents come and visit their kids. There are all sorts of fun activities going around campus for the parents to look at and if their child is a freshman they can sit in on a Writing class if they choose. I had a lot of fun touring around campus, playing ultimate Frisbee, going to a comedian and even at the dinner dance. It’s basically a time to bond with your parents after your first month away.

After I talk about a big event that happened during the week I take the time to either shamelessly plug one of the clubs I am in, or take the time to tell a story of some sort of something that happened to me. This week it is going to be a shameless plug. For those of you who do not know what it is, Ultimate Frisbee is one of the most fun activities on the planet. I’m not sure what it is, because if you separate what you actually have to do in the game, run around and catch and throw a Frisbee, it doesn’t seem to be all that exciting. But as soon as you put them together and make teams it becomes a magical combination that is hard to beat. The Ultimate Frisbee Club here at EC is fairly active and we meet twice a week. It is always a highlight of my day when I get to play.

That’s all I have this week, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment