Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The ups and downs of college

Gabrielle Malanowski '15

So in college I am sorry to inform you but you will have bad days. Whether those days be bad ones because a severe wave of homesickness or just a day filled with bad quizzes, and the feeling that your a ghost, not taking anything in or seeing anthing really. Whatever kind of day it is, you will have them and wish you didn't. Well, friday was my bad day. It began with an anatomy lab of disecting cats that started out cool but after thirty minutes of smelling formeldahyde I was fed up with it and i felt that everything was going in one ear and out the other. Then to top it all off, this continued through the rest of the day. By the time my last class arrived I might as well have been the living dead. My day had gone so bad that I had just wanted to see my mom and talk to her about my day. I felt like crying becuase my phone was dead, and all contact with the outside world was gone. I felt souless, so I planned on going and taking a nap, hoping the day would get better. (the gosh darn nap strikes again) Well around five pm I found out about the Hockey game (the first men's game of the season) that would be happening later that night and after some self-convincing I decided to go with two of my friends. We meet in the parking lot by the campus center and at 6:30 got onto a bus with more than 35 other college students and packed ourselves like sardines into the bus that would take us to the the hockey game ten minutes away for free. A very cool deal if you ask me. So we got there and flocked out and into the dome and found seats. Now one of my friends wanted to sit in the orange seats. If you don't know what the orange seats are, they are four or five rows of seats up against the glass where, if your not careful, you could get your head knocked off by a flying puck. Very exhilerating. So I sat and explained some of the game to my first-timer friends and we were off watching a great game. We all screamed in joy when the other team got a pemalty for a not so nice move and watched as they were smashed into the glass. Before we knew it, us three very non-violent chicks had become blood thirsty for a fight or another take down. We almost saw a fight break out but it didn't . . .unfortunately. The game was great, even though we lost to the other team 7 to 3 I think. It was good, and suprisingly enough, the two hours away from campus and away from all my homework was good for me and suddenly my day didn't seem so bad. So remember, school work is great and all that but don't forget to go to activties. See a comedian, go to a hockey game, do something other than homework so you don't fall apart. Over and out write you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment